Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hambo Hoedown

My first digital stamp!!!!  I came across the Hambo Hoedown blog and if you participate in the challenges they email you out a digital stamp for the next week's challenge.  If you don't have the stamp for the week you can use any Hambo design to get started.  I have used the Cool Cat design, along with the rest of the challenge to use hot pink and bright green.  The challenge is to make a Spring card, but here in Minnesota it is hard to think about Spring when the weatherman seems to talk about snow still.  UGH!!!  But onto the card....I had a copy cat with me when I was making this card and so I will show you both.

My card...I didn't have any really bright green but I did have this paper.  It is covered in glitter (which is sort of hard to see in the photo), but sparkle is better.  I colored the cat with my Copics and I also added the flower brads to bring out the yellow in the DP and really think Spring.


Here is Aubrey's (my 6 year old) card...The newest cardmaker in training.


 The back of our cards...

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed both cards!!

Ciao!
Trina

2 comments:

  1. Both cards turned out really cute! Nice job coloring this cool cat! :) Thanks for joining our Hoedown -- hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined us in the Hoedown, Katrina! And Aubrey did a super job! Hope you will play along next week too!

    (You will love digis - I never thought I would and I am hooked!)

    ReplyDelete