Monday, April 4, 2011

First OWH Card Challenge

I love following the Operation Write Home website and blog.  I always find some great information and tutorials on cardmaking.  I have completed many of the sketch challenges in the past but have never uploaded photos on the cards I have made.  But today I happen to be home sick from work and decided to start a blog to showcase some of my cards I have made.  Although I am still learning, I have a great time cardmaking and my 6 year old daughter joins me almost everytime.  This is the challenge I completed today:


And this is what I can up with:

I had fun making this card and I am happy with how it turned out.  But I am heading off to my blanket, movie and cup of tea to try and get over this cold.  Thank you for looking. 

Ciao!
Trina

5 comments:

  1. Cute card, Trina! I love that star for your embellishment. And welcome to blogging! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Love the stars and the papers. I for one, are glad you started a blog and I will look forward to viewing more of your cards. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I have that DP, LOL. ;) I know how it is to have a small crafter 'helping', too- mine is 5! Thanks for joining us, and welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this week's OWH sketch. The star is a super embellishment and goes nicely with the paper. So glad you started a blog and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! The star is my favorite shape and I just found these laying around. I have had them for a long time but haven't used them yet. Now that I have hopefully you will be seeing them in the future too.

    ReplyDelete